Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Owls


It's CROCHETED Owls just like the ones in that shawl! Yes! You can see all the different patterns with these owls at The Hook Hound Etsy Shop. I figure it'll be very easy to crochet a shawl and then add these owls at the bottom edge using any of these patterns. I've purchased patterns from this shop before (Carlinda Lewis is the author of the patterns), and they have been good ones.

Thanks to my friend, Pat at Hooks and Books for the heads-up on where to find this.

**********************

This was Weigh-in Day:  -3.5 lbs

I expected more after my first week and I know I shouldn't be disappointed, but I am. I must realize that I'm older now, and it's not going to come off as easily as it did when I was younger...at least that's what they always say. 

Food yesterday:

10:00:  E.G. tea w/ Truvia & cream
12:30:  2 oopsie rolls w/cream cheese
4:00:  Cheddar cheese and 1 dill pickle
7:30:  Chicken & cheese stuffed jalapenos
9:00:  Orange Jello Fluff

I had a stressed-out moment in the afternoon and almost ate a Pop Tart, but I didn't. Why those Pop Tarts were even in my pantry and not in the garbage a week ago, I have no idea. They have been destroyed and sprayed with Windex and put in the garbage. (So I don't dig them out and eat them! Ha!)

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful hat so cute. That is brilliant well done, you don't want to loose too much at once or it will just come back on again, gradual weight loss is better, I only managed 2 pounds, back to zumba next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mojo is back!!! Love the hearts and the owls, wow when you come back, you come back fast. 3.5 is great, terrific, fantastic, and everything else. It is 3.5 closer to your goal, good for you.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be disappointed about 3.5... it's on the minus side and not the other way around.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have crocheted the owls so beautifully.. I am so pleased you like it Carlinda Lewis has some lovely patterns .:)) I look forward to seeing a pic of your shawl.. when completed..

    I am on a low fat low carb diet, gradually the weight is coming off :))
    hugs pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the weight loss!! That's a bag of sugar!!!
    Love owls!!!
    And so sorry to hear you won't be able to kick my tuckus at WWF anymore!!!
    : (
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your shawl! Love these owls....so very cool.

    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I think that is an amazing weight loss. Good for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That hat is adorable. Good job on the 3.5 pounds in the first week. Imagine where you will be after a month! Way to kill off those Pop Tarts : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pattern and congrats on the loss. 3.5 is fantastic! I have to get going too, hope to start this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3.5 lbs is excellent!! Bravo for you! Love the crocheted owls! I'm looking forward to your shawl. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that little owl hat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love Carlinda...She lives in my neck of the woods. I love that hat also! If you get frustrated trying to make a pattern ask her! Im sure she would do it..Just tell her you want to be the first pattern tester! LOL...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥